A Strong Defense Starts Here
Mr. Porte is an associate attorney at DeMaria Law Firm. Mr. Porte has practiced insurance defense and school defense litigation throughout his legal career, first as a law clerk and later as an attorney. Mr. Porte defends all aspects of litigated cases and advises the clients of the firm. Prior to joining DeMaria Law Firm as an associate, Mr. Porte spent a semester as a judicial intern for the Honorable Lawrence O’Neil of the United States District Court, Eastern District of California, and was a certified law clerk with both the Sacramento and San Francisco District Attorney’s Offices. Mr. Porte was also previously a law clerk and associate at the large Fresno law firm of McCormick Barstow, where he worked for Mr. DeMaria before they both moved to DeMaria Law Firm.
Prior to law school, Mr. Porte was an officer in the United States Army, rising to the rank of Captain. Mr. Porte served in Afghanistan while in the Army and earned the Bronze Star Medal. He was honorably discharged after 8 years of military service.
Mr. Porte received his Bachelor’s Degree in History from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 2007. Thereafter, while serving in the Army, Mr. Porte received a Master of Arts Degree in International Relations from the University of Oklahoma in 2013. Mr. Porte then received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of Law, in 2018.
- Insurance Defense
- School Defense and Representation
- Public Entity Defense
- Employment/Wrongful Termination Defense
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2018
- University of Oklahoma
- M.A., Master of Arts - 2013
- Major: International Relations
- University of California at Santa Barbara
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: History
- United States Army, Officer
- McCormick Barstow, Law Clerk
- McCormick Barstow, Associate
- Sacramento and San Francisco District Attorney’s Offices, Law Clerk
- Honorable Lawrence O’Neil of the United States District Court, Eastern District of California, Judicial intern