A Strong Defense Starts Here
Stephanie Virrey Gutcher
Ms. Virrey Gutcher is an Of Counsel Attorney at DeMaria Law Firm. Ms. Gutcher currently defends all aspects of litigated cases and advises the clients of the firm. Prior to joining DeMaria Law Firm as an associate, Ms. Gutcher practiced criminal defense, both state and federal, and most recently school defense litigation.
Ms. Gutcher is a California native, born in Kern County. She attended the University of California, Davis, where she received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. Ms. Gutcher then graduated with her Juris Doctor from University of the Pacific's McGeorge School of Law, a top tier law school.
In her spare time, Ms. Gutcher serves her community as a director on the Kern County Bar Association Board. She is also the President of KCBA's Women Lawyers Section and a member of the California Council of School Attorneys. She enjoys spending time with her three young children, whose favorite past times include the beach and "science experiments".
- Insurance Defense
- School Defense and Representation
- Public Entity Defense
- Employment/Wrongful Termination Defense
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: Summer Program with Justice Kennedy; Salzburg, Austria – July 2009
- University of California, Davis, CA
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: Winter Program with Amnesty International (Internship); Wash., D.C. - 2005
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
- Schools Legal Service
- Middlebrook and Brehmer
- Law Office of Stephanie Virrey Gutcher